A little bit of change can have a profound impact in the final results.

Be yourself or combine as one , the secret is to go with the flow.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tonight's Dinner


My New MeatLoaf Project
I my efforts to cut down on red meat and meat in general and add more veggie to my meals , I tried something new.
I made a meatloaf that was my version of a veggie burger .
And to my surprise it taste pretty darn good !

Preheat Oven 350.
Spray olive oil or Pam in loaf pan.
In one bowl place in 1 pound organic grounded beef.
We have found some good beef at Costco .( We read that they
are really careful and buy the best meats in general.)
Go ahead and season with salt,
( we do not use pepper on any of our food
since we discovered how much it hurts your stomach!!)
Now break in 2 whole eggs and about a 3/4 sleeve of saltine crackers that had been smashed. You can use bread crumbs, it doesn't matter.
I found a cute cup size food processor at the local church thrift shoppe.
I love it . I don't have to drag out my big one .
Now one at a time I chopped up fine ; 2 stalks celery, a cup whole of baby carrots ,cup zucchini, 1/4 cup onions, cup of mushrooms, til you have an equal amount as the hamburger 50 / 50 and mixed it all up .
I did had two teaspoons of fresh minced garlic that I keep in the ref. door from Trader Joes.
Once it is all mixed up good , then I add my regular veggie size that I would have normally put in my meatloaf , of celery,carrots and onions ... I cheated and sprinkle some bacon bits on top . (I've been buying little packages of them to use on top of baked potatoes or inside omelettes ..less fat ! and cheaper ...)
Now I did cover it and bake for 1 hour . At the end I uncovered and broiled til brown .
You can use what ever veggies you have on hand or you like ... the results should be the same .
Next time I think I will make a double batch and make a batch into hamburgers and put in the freezer to have for lunch all ready to go . I like to cook for the next day or all day for the whole week , so I only have big miss to clean up . I swear just for the two of us, there still seems to be alot of dishes!
Anyway we had good ole yummy mashed potatoes and fresh steamed green beans. Prefect!
And Yummy. After a long day at work it was the prefect comfort food !
I just forgot to take a picture when it was whole still in the pan ... I should have taken pictures of each step ... may be next time . I'm still new at all this.

1 comment:

  1. Love Trader Joes! There's one in Santa Fe we went to for the first time... Love the stuff there!

    ReplyDelete